Wednesday, April 18, 2007

More Breaking News

I just talked to the Astronomer-in-Training up at the University of Minnesota. She was out, sitting on the mall, when the police arrived.
No bomb. That's the indication from University of Minnesota police this afternoon after a preliminary search of eight school buildings on the East Bank that were evacuated in response to a bomb threat Wednesday afternoon. The buildings included Morrill Hall, where the university administration offices are located, and Walter Library. Other buildings evacuated were Smith, Appleby, Kolthoff, Frasier, Johnston and the Science Classroom Building.
Hey, kid, how would you feel about daddy paying for a safety class, a small Ruger, and some range time?

1 comment:

Erin said...

Honestly. .

I wished I never had to say this but I would feel better if I did.

Big school in urban area with one side of campus (on the other side of the river) next to the local equivalent of projects gives me the heebeejeebies. Plus we'll not discuss the fact that the email about the bomb threat didn't go out until 3:46 and we've heard about other safety issues very late in the game here (multiple cases of attempted rape in buildings along the mall? Oh we'll wait more than 2 weeks to tell you about that).

I've been thinking lately about mace expecially given the creeps lately (no, I am neither your bitch, nor your ho, nor your "nigga" you skanky turdball) on my commutes to and from school but am realizing that it won't mean crap if the wind is blowing in my face.