Sunday, March 11, 2007

Good Eats! - III (Briarwood Inn)


Continuing our on-going restaurant reviews, we come to The Briarwood Inn.

I first visited the Briarwood in about 1978. The place had just opened as an upscale restaurant replacing what was formerly, as I recall, a biker bar. The professors in my department took out the graduate students for drinks and hors-d'oeuvre s just before Christmas.

That was my only visit until 31 Aug 1980, when Winnie and I had our wedding reception their. What a Sunday brunch that was! After we moved back to Colorado we went there several times for anniversary's and even a couple of times for lunch. It was never less than great.

All of the dinners come with this amazing appetizer tray with shrimp, pate, salmon butter, etc. Follow this up with your entree. Just when you think you can't eat another bite, they show up with a dessert tray of petit fours and fruit. Groan!

No comments: