Friday, September 01, 2006

Hurricane Ernesto

To all family members...so far so good. As of 8:45am, we have high winds (about 40mph) and heavy rain (2.5 in. since midnight). Driving to work I did see a lot of down branches, and a few fallen trees. No accidents along my path, but qute a few in west Richmond, I hear.

Storm surge was starting to bring water up out of the York River, and into normally grassy areas, and low tide was to be about 4 hrs after I saw this. Tides are running 4 ft above normal at the moment. I expect there will be some real flooding later this afternoon.

Currently I'm at the office, but I expect the Governor to give up and send us home at noon. Hey, it's Friday before a holiday, so attendance is down anyway. The storm track is supposed to pass between Richmond and Gloucester, so I'll see the worst of it, either during the storm or after it passes.

Maybe I'll get some storm video later and posted it to YouTube or something.

1 comment:

Jasmine said...

my hometown is located on the shore, near the sea and it's called Typhoon in my country :)