Monday, February 25, 2008

25 February 2005 - Day Nine


OK, Cinny was more than a little ill last night. It was a full blown poop-a-thon. I discovered she had her first accident at about 10pm. Got that cleaned up and went to bed. Left Winnie a huge note. See, to get Cinnamon to eat her dinner we've been jazzing it up with cooked beef liver. I don't think that is agreeing with her tummy. So, the note said "No more liver!"

Anyway, for all the good that that did. I was up with her again at 11pm (another oops), and at midnight (oops, again). Finally got the procedure down then, and got her out at 1, 2, and 3 without further incidents. Except, of course, for my not getting to sleep. When I put her out at 3, I lay down on the couch and was out for an hour. When I got her back in, she finally slept until wake-up time at 5:30.

So, needless to say, I was more useless than usual at work on Friday.

She did get 1 1/2 cups of regular kibble for breakfast, but pooped indoors twice more during the day. This evening I've gotten 2+ cups of kibble into her, with no gross results. Hopefully laying off of the liver has fixed this.

The puppies, of course, are wonderful. Definitely pushing up on their legs now and trying to walk. Even the smallest is now a 1/2 pound larger than the biggest was at birth. The largest is over 2 pounds. They seem to be keeping a gap of around 8 ounces, or so, between the largest and the smallest among them.

  • Pup #1 - 'Spiral' - 30 ounces (+2)
  • Pup #2 - "Big girl' - 31 ounces (+2)
  • Pup #5 - 'Bitty girl' - 25 ounces (+2)
  • 'Arrowhead' - 34 ounces (+1)
  • 'Island' - 28 ounces (+1)
  • 'Big Boy' - 32 ounces (+2)
  • 'Short Stocking' - 29 ounces (+2)
  • 'Blaze' - 32 ounces (+2)

No comments: