Saturday, February 09, 2008

This hasn't been a good two weeks

First, two weeks ago tomorrow, I had to drive up to New York to help out as my Grandmother entered a nursing home. She lived alone for over 50 years, so I think this is coming as a major shock to her. Then, I also organized a lot of the packing up and cleaning out of her apartment.

Most of her furniture went to Salvation Army, and quite a bit of smaller stuff went to the SPCA thrift shop. Some of her smaller, nicer possessions went into storage. I brought all of her personal, non-financial papers home with me, and I'm slowly figuring out what is what. Boxes and boxes of photos and photo albums, diaries, correspondence, etc.

Then, en route home, a week ago Thursday, I began feeling 'weird'. By the next morning I felt distinctly bad. By the time I got to the doctor's office, at 2:30, I had a 103.4 fever. They did the test, pronounced it the flu, and gave me Tamiflu. That helped really fast, but I still worked from home on Monday, and dragged through the rest of the week. Today I napped for two hours. Now, I'm ready to eat and sleep again.

No comments: